Location and Surrounding Area
Fire Station 15 is located at 13900 Old Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, Maryland 20904. We are located in Montgomery County, in a busy suburban area that is close to several colleges/universities, and major East coast cities. We are within 30 minutes of the University of Maryland-College Park Campus, Montgomery Community College, Baltimore City, and Washington D.C. Station 15 is also within walking distance of several restaurants and stores.
We respond to over 5,000 emergency calls per year serving over 50,000 residents of Burtonsville and Silver Spring, as well as several neighboring cities in Howard County and Prince George County.
Fire Station 15 was originally built in 1995, with a new addition completed in 2011 and features:
- Engine bay with 8 apparatus bays and onsite fueling
- Large Day Room with cable TV and comfortable couches for relaxing in between calls
- Large modern kitchen and dining area for preparing and enjoying meals
- Spacious training room/meeting room with state-of-the art audio visual equipment
- 10 private dorm rooms and 4 semi-private double dorm rooms—all with free cable TV
- General open bunk area with 18 beds
- Exercise Room equipped with weight training and cardio machines
- Two laundry rooms
- Administrative office area with computers available to all members
- Front patio with gas grill and outdoor eating/seating area
- Free wireless internet throughout the building