New Rescue Squad 715 Driver!
Please join Chief Ryman and the rest of the BVFD in congratulating FF3 Tom Davis, who has recently completed the requirements to be cleared as a driver on Rescue Squad 715.
The process to become a Rescue Squad driver is extensive, requiring:
- Previous qualification as an ambulance driver for at least 1 year
- Completion of a Class B Emergency Vehicle Operator Course
- Rescue Technician Site Operations
- Rescue Technician Vehicle and Machinery Extrication
- Written unit test
- Written streets test
- Numerous hours of non-emergency drive time and positioning training
- Practical skills test
- Evaluated driving calls on real incidents
- FF Davis also has technician level training in all other rescue disciplines: Rope, Confined Space, Trench, Structural Collapse, and Swiftwater.
Thank you Firefighter Davis for your continued dedication to increasing your capacity to better serve the BVFD and our community!