EMT Mathew becomes Charge Aide
The BVFD proudly announces the advancement of EMT Rohith Mathew who earned Officer in Charge (OIC) status on our Ambulance in December of 2021.
Congratulations to EMT Rohith Mathew who joined the BVFD in March 2021. EMT Mathew successfully completed over a dozen training programs, including:
– Maryland Emergency Medical Technician Course
– Hazardous Materials – First Responder Operations
– Protective Envelope & Foam
– NIMS IS100 Incident Command System
– NIMS IS700 National Incident Management System
– EEO/AA and the Law
– Cultural Diversity
– Blood Borne Pathogens
– Radio Operations
– MDC Operations
– eMEDS Patient Care Reporting
– Firehouse Statistical Reporting
Even after all the formal training, there were many steps to be completed before taking charge of a BVFD Ambulance. EMT Mathew had to successfully complete a series of comprehensive written and practical in-station examinations. After completing all tests, EMT Mathew rode “Charge” under the evaluation of an experienced Charge EMT for a series of evaluation calls. This process is designed to allow the EMT to demonstrate knowledge and ability in the field, before being permitted to be in charge of an Ambulance and crew in any situation.
The BVFD congratulates EMT Mathew for completing this rigorous process and earning Charge status.