New Ambulance 715 Placed in Service
The brand new Ambulance 715 was placed in-service on Thursday, April 7, 2016.
A matching new Medic Unit will soon be placed in-service as well. The new units are Freightliner M2 PL Custom Ambulances with all of the latest safety features. All EMS Unit drivers are completing a brief familiarization check-off prior to operating the new units. The BVFD has placed Ambulance 715 in-service 67 nights, so far, this year. Our EMS Team continues to grow and currently has over 17 active Aides and Drivers.
- Engine – Cummins ISB 240 HP
- Transmission – Allison 3000 EVS
- Wheelbase – 168″
- Module Length – 170″
- Interior Height – 72″
- Warning Lights – (4) Whelen 700 Series Super-LED grille lights, Whelen 700 Series Super-LED front and rear intersection lights, Whelen 900 Series Super-LED body warning lights, Whelen 4500 LED lighbar on rear of body
- Audible Warning – Federal Signal PA300 electronic siren, Whelen Alpha SL electronic siren, (2) Cast Products 5403 100-watt siren speakers, (2) Hadley E-Tone air horns
- Electrical System – PL Custom 12-volt electrical system w/Lifetime Warranty, Vanner 1050CUL-DC 1,050-watt inverter w/55-amp battery charger
- Lighting – (10) Whelen LED dome lights, (4) Whelen 900 Series Opti-Scene LED scene lights, Whelen Fluorent LED strip lights in exterior compartments, LED rope lights in interior cabinets
- Stretcher – Ferno Washington 35A – Soon to be replaced with BVFD purchased Hydralic Stryker coots.
- Additional – Double wide 36″ CPR seat, Slide-out tool board w/(2) Zico SCBA brackets, Glove box holders over side and rear entry doors, PL Custom oxygen monitoring system, Zico electronic oxygen tank lift, Pro Air Germicidial air purification system, turn signal indicators in ceiling above rear doors, multiple USB charging outlets, backup camera w/7″ LCD monitor, Sigtronics US-12S vehicle intercom system, Plymovent exhaust adapter.
As always, we are grateful to the personnel working to grow our EMS program and keep A715 responding!