Butch Charlton Promoted to Charge EMT
The BVFD is proud to announce our latest Charge EMT who will be staffing Ambulance 715 tonight, as he celebrates his promotion on the IECS to the level of “EMS II”.
EMT Butch Charlton just recently joined the BVFD, bringing a lifetime of relevant training and experience from fire departments in Florida and Maryland.
In addition to bringing his certification as a Maryland Emergency Medical Technician, EMT Charlton has completed significant training since arriving in Maryland:
- Emergency Vehicle Operator’s Course
- International Trauma Life Support Course
- Protective Envelope & Foam
- Hazardous Materials – First Responder Operations
- NIMS Incident Command System
- NIMS Federal Disaster Worker
- NIMS National Incident management System
- NIMS National Response Plan
- EEO/AA and the Law
- Cultural Diversity
- Radio Operations
- MOSH Training
- MDC Operations
- Firehouse Reporting
Despite all of his previous training, he still had to complete a series of examinations to ensure he knew the area, local protocols, Department equipment and policies and evaluation calls under the supervision of an experienced Charge EMT.
The BVFD salutes EMT Butch Charlton for his hard work and dedication. Congratulations and THANK YOU for your service!